Apply for a Marriage License online!
Search for Marriage Records
Requirements for Marriage in the State of Tennessee are as follows:
- The licenses are good for 30 days anywhere in the state.
- There are no blood tests and no waiting period.
- A valid driver license, picture ID, U.S. certified birth certificate, valid VISA, or
valid passport is needed.
- Both parties have to be present, unless one is incarcerated.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
Marriage requirements for juveniles 16 or 17 years of age:
Copies of Marriage Certificates may be obtained at the County Clerk’s office or by mail for $5.00 each. The mailing address is listed below.
Jeff Cole, Anderson County Clerk
100 N. Main Street, Room 111
Clinton, TN 37716-3690