Requirements to Apply for a Dealer License
- An approved building facility physically separate from all other buildings, with office furniture and a working telephone (cell or mobile phone not acceptable as primary line).
- A vehicle display area large enough to fit 15 vehicles.
- To meet the sign requirements of a minimum letter height (per ordinance), permanently installed, and visible from the road.
- A garage facility or a service agreement with a nearby garage.
- Certificate of Liability Insurance (minimum $60,000)
- Business tax license
- Sales tax identification number
- Personal and/or financial check disclosure
- Financial statement prepared by a CPA
- Zoning compliance
- Franchise agreement letter from the manufacturer
- Two-year surety bond or letter of credit (original)
Also if applicable:
- Stockholders update
- City tax license
- Corporate charter
- Warranty rate form
|New vehicle dealer: $200, per line make
||Used vehicle dealer: $200
|New motorcycle dealer: $200, per line make
||Used motorcycle dealer: $200
|Salesperson or change of employer endorsement: $35
||Motor vehicle show permit: $100
|RV dealer: $2
||Manufacturer, distributor, factory branch, or distributor branch: $800
|Factory distributor representative: $200
||Auto dismantler and recycler: $200
|Automobile auction: $400
||All duplicate licenses: $25